Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Point A to Point B: How Fresh Flowers Get To You

One of the most common questions I get as a florist and bouquet designer is some variation of: "why are some flowers so expensive and others so cheap?"  As someone who is obsessed with knowing where things come from and how they got here (my food, my clothing, etc.), I enjoy educating my customers as to where their flowers came from and what goes into the price.  I thought I'd share the same information with my readers today, along with some interesting facts about the floral industry.

It also gave me an excuse to create an info-graphic :)  Enjoy!




Gracie K.

**Correction: I realize Africa is a continent, not a country, and I apologize for the error in the infographic.  I meant to say "South Africa" and must have gotten a little too excited as I typed...be gentle, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment